Friday 7 September 2012

Boy Loves Sleeping

We've been blessed! Blessed with a beautiful baby boy. And blessed with a beautiful baby boy who loves to sleep. Since he was born he's been a sleeper. From about 6 weeks he was sleeping through the night. Non stop. 6pm until 6am. And napping during the day. Even from 3 weeks he was sleeping 7-8 hours at a time through the night.  

"Make the most of it while it lasts", everyone would say to us. 

He's such a chilled out baby and to be honest, I think he just LOVES sleeping. And we aren't surprised. His dad and I both love our sleep too. Who doesn't?!




But we did have a struggle when it came to sleep. Not a big one, but a struggle all the same. 

He loves sleeping in his pram. Or the car. Anything that's moving. Pretty normal? Yep! But it got to the point that he wasn't sleeping in his bed.  

I struggled with getting anything done at home. And while my fitness has gone through the roof (well... improved anyway), the house went to shambles. And our finances. And our diet. And basically everything else. I was so busy pounding the pavement to give my gorgeous boy some sleep, that I had to neglect everything else. 


 


So... here came Project Home Sleep. It's taken about a week, but we're finally there. He finally figured out the self-settle concept (or I did - I'm pretty sure he had it sussed all along) and he now sleeps happily in his bassinette. In fact, in the last two days we've been sleeping him in his cot in his own room during the day. I'm finding it a bit hard to let go of having him sleeping next to me, so that's a project for next week. I keep finding excuses to keep him in our room - it's too cold for his own room, it's too hot for his own room blah blah. But the time has come that I'll have to start sleeping him in his own room at night... so I've given myself a week. One more treasured week is left where I'll be able to hear him sleeping peacefully next to me. 

Waaahhhhh!! Why can't he stay there forever?! Let's see how it goes. 




No comments:

Post a Comment