Friday 30 November 2012

Clearing out

Do you ever find that your fridge/freezer is overloaded with food that you just never get to using? I am forever throwing food out that goes past its 'best before' date. ALWAYS. 

This week we've planned to forego the grocery shopping and clear out the fridge. I have to say, it's been great. I've had to get creative. I quite often fall into the grind of the same old thing, week in week out. 

So this week I had a mission... to clear out our fridge/freezer. And we're almost there. Saturday is grocery shopping day. I start at the markets getting fresh fruit and vegetables, and then on to Coles for everything else. We're even going to try the 'super butcher' this week. I'll let you know how that goes (it was part of our plan of clearing out the freezer). 

I love starting the kitchen stocks from scratch. And in some lame way, I'm looking forward to re-stocking it tomorrow. Ahhh... a fresh shopping list. I love it! 




No comments:

Post a Comment