Wednesday 26 December 2012

Baby-weight... or not?


So for 6 months now I've been claiming I need to lose the "baby-weight". Week in, week out, I check the dreaded scales, and hop off in a huff. Week in, week out, I hop off in a huff and then remember... it's baby-weight. I have an excuse. I need to lay off myself.

But is it? I've had a bit of a realisation this week. I've been conscious of everything going into my mouth. And it isn't pretty! Not for that "baby-weight" anyway. I've become complacent. VERY complacent.

It's Christmas. I've been happily baking and preparing scrumptious Christmassy treats for my family and in doing that, I've been eating these scrumptious Christmassy treats (someone has to test them). All the while oblivious to what it has been doing to my body.

No longer am I battling "baby-weight". It appears I'm now battling "Christmas-weight". Or just "weight".

So this year, like every year before it for me and so many, my new years resolution is simple! Get back on the right track. My focus isn't so much on the scales (although this WILL make a difference). My focus is on being healthy... inside and out. And the scales should then follow. Hopefully.






No comments:

Post a Comment