Wednesday 2 January 2013

Happy New Year





It's here. The new year. And I'm feeling mixed feelings about it. 

Yesterday officially marks the end of the BEST year of my life. The most challenging year on a personal level, but the BEST year. By a long shot. Hands down. 

Our family expanded, our relationship went through major change (as all new parents will experience), friendships flourished, friendships wilted, new friends, old friends, love, happiness, sorrow, anxiety, frustration, joy, marriages, births, travel, anniversaries, overseas visitors, my husband became an Australian citizen (as well as two of my best pals), first birthdays, christenings, engagements and more. 

This time last year I was 19 weeks pregnant. At this point we didn't know what we were having (we did find out at 20 weeks). It was all ahead of us. Little did we know how our little boy was going to change our lives. He's turned it upside down, sideways and inside out. And filled out hearts with more joy that we ever expected. 

2012 was more than I ever imagined. It will always have a big place in my heart. 

It was the year that changed my life. There's no turning back from here. It's only onwards and upwards. 

BRING ON 2013! My year of healthy living (more on this later). 


Our year in pictures...



No comments:

Post a Comment